If you like polenta, then you’re going to love this. If you don’t like polenta, then eat this and you’ll love polenta.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups medium/coarse cornmeal (slow-cooking polenta)1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter, plus extra for baking dish
- 1 tablespoon basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and butter your baking dish.
- In a medium pot, bring chicken stock and generously salted water to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and slowly whisk in cornmeal. Let simmer and cook, continuously stirring, until tender. About 30 minutes.
- Whisk in butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Pour 1/3 of polenta into casserole dish and spread a layer of mozzarella and cheddar on top.
- Repeat with another layer of polenta, then cheeses, and continue with remaining ingredients.
- Top final layer of polenta with chopped basil, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan. Season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and polenta is golden.