Hey dude, like far out. Though we do bathe on a regular basis. As with all of the recipes posted we make adjustments to these recipes. They vary as to what is being adjusted depending on what we have or more importantly, don’t have. So use it as a guide, a general idea and make our own magic. Or lunch. Either way, you’re good.
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 3/4 cups light beer (drink what’s left in the bottle)
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 whole grain hamburger buns
- Shredded red cabbage or lettuce, pickled jalapeno and scallions, for serving, optional
- Pulse the mushrooms in batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, 1 tablespoon beer and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the walnuts and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, 3/4 teaspoon black pepper and chipotle powder and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining beer, the ketchup, tomato paste and 1/8 teaspoon salt and cook while stirring until the sauce is the consistency that you like, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture onto each bun. Serve with toppings if desired.Linkage