We love this. I think that it’s probably not even Asian but from Des Moines or Oak Grove, Mo.
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 (3-ounce) packages of ramen noodles, crumbled (you will not use the seasoning packet)
- 1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and julienned (or diced)
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions (scallions)
- Asian honey vinaigrette (see ingredients below)
ASIAN HONEY VINAIGRETTE
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1/3 cup honey (or agave, to make this vegan)
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of salt and black pepper
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
(Optional first step: Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spread the crumbled ramen noodles and sliced almonds out on a baking sheet, and stir a bit to combine. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the almonds and noodles are slightly toasted and golden. Remove baking sheet, and give the mixture a good stir to toss. Then return it to the oven and toast for an additional 3 minutes. Keep a very close eye on the mixture so that it does not burn. Remove and set aside.)
Add ingredients (including the vinaigrette) together in a large bowl, and toss until combined.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. (This salad is much better eaten the first day, as the noodles lose their “crunch” the longer it sits, and the avocado may brown a bit. Still, it’s perfectly edible and enjoyable even after a few days!)
TO MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE:
Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
Thanks to our friends here