We like this. It’s all Mexicany and Italiany and really pretty easy. We substituted Quorn Grounds for the turkey but generally keep everything else the same. I think….
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a small onion, diced
- 1.25 pounds of taco seasoned ground turkey meat or 1.25 pounds of lean ground beef and packet of low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 19oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 8oz (about 2 1/2 cups) of dried rotini pasta
- 2 cups of freshly shredded Colby Jack cheese
- green onions
- black olives
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil over medium low heat until softened.
- Add ground turkey meat and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon until browned.
- Once turkey meat is cooked through, add pasta, chicken broth and enchilada sauce to pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduced heat to low and cover.
- Cook on low, with pan covered for about 15 minutes.
- Then remove lid and let simmer for additional 5 minutes until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Top pasta with additional cup of cheese and melt under broiler for a minute or tow, or place lid back on pan and let heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
- Garnish with black olives and green onions.