Yet another recipe from Alton Brown. We’ve not made this…YET. But we will and when we do we expect to hear angels sing, kitties dance and the sky to turn blue. That’s what we expect from this.
- 13 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound silken tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 9-inch prepared chocolate wafer crust (store-bought is fine)
- Place enough water in the bottom of a 4-quart saucepan to come 1 inch up the sides. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the liqueur and vanilla in a medium metal bowl set over the simmering water, stirring often with a rubber or silicone spatula. (Although vanilla extract is often added at the very end of cooking, the melting chocolate will never get hot enough to damage the delicate sensibilities.)
- Combine the tofu, honey and chocolate mixture in a blender or food processor and spin until smooth ( about 1 minute).
- Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling sets firm.