Totally healthy. Really.
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 1/2 cups oats (not instant)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup walnuts (toasted and chopped)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda1
/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tbsp. water
2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets w/parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place oats, flour, nuts, choco chips, salt, baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Mix with wisk.
- Place oil, maple syrup, water and vanilla in a small mixing bowl and beat vigorously with a wire whisk until emulsified. Stir into oat-flour mixture, mixing until everything is just moistened. Let sit for 5 minutes or so.
- Drop slightly rounded tablespoons of dough on the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart. The dough will be crumbly. Flatten with your hand to 1/3 in. thick. Smooth edges, gently press dough so cookies hold together.
- Bake one sheet at a time on the center shelf of the oven until cookies are slightly brown (about 12 minutes). Transfer to a cooling rack. Store in airtight containers.